Friday afternoon I ran to the bank before we left for our evening of family fun at Wa! Mart to purchase some groceries.... Oh the joy... One particular street in our neighborhood has the mailbox posts planted Right. Off. The black top, leaving the mailbox itself to stick out into the road way. The street is wide enough to avoid hitting the boxes, even when an oncoming car passes.... do you get where I am going with this?... For whatever reason I got too close to the edge of the black top, and yes, you guessed it... SMACK! grrrrrrr. Ok, so I said more than grrrr. There may have been a blue word issued... There was no damage to the mailbox, it was one of those Rubberma1d boxes. The mirror on my van is a break away mirror and it made a loud crack against the window. The mirror compartment itself was fine but I did shatter the glass... isn't that like 7 years bad luck? Cuz I really could do without that...
Saturday Chuck and I were going to have Angel watch the girl while we went fishing. Rick called and asked Chuck if he could go to their house and wait for some equipment to be dropped off. They are trying to get their property cleared off so they can get started rebuilding. So Chuck went to Rick and Angels and I stayed home.
Josh and Caleb joined a Saturday morning bowling league so the girls and I took them to the alley. We stayed and watched for a few minutes but Suzie is just go-go-go.
Saturday evening Josh and Caleb each had a birthday party to go to. We had to hang around town to drop off and pick up. As of Thursday there was still going to be Saturday night church so Gracie and I dressed and drove to church. I pulled into the parking lot and no one was there. I drove around the building but there was not a car to be found. Gracie and I headed home.
We hung around the house the rest of the evening. I was bummed. I only have one weekend off a month and staying at home was not my idea of a fun time. Suzie went to bed. Chuck went on a first responder run. Gracie and I cuddled on the couch flipping channels. The tv landed on the comedy channel and Jeff Dunham was on.... hey, this will perk up my mood... I laughed just as hard when he brought out the terrorist puppet as I did the 10 times I watched it the other day on the internet.
Sunday morning was a little grumpy. My weekend was coming to a close and there not much fun in the memory book yet. All the kids were up by 8:30 so I decided to go to church... Church will put me in a better mood.... As I ran to get a shower I told the boys to get dressed. Gracie got to put on one of her new dresses that she got for pre-school.... that I ended up not sending her to... She danced and twirled around the house, "I so prelly!" ...oh yea, I painted her nails on Saturday and she said "I so bootiful and I love it!"
Chuck stayed home with Suzie... she is cutting molars and has been quite the crank. Plus, she refuses to stay in the nursery.... Gracie, Caleb, Josh and I headed for church. Church didn't do much for my mood. Probably due to the fact that I couldn't pay attention to anything going on in the service. Gracie sat with us because she doesn't like the nursery either. She was ok in the beginning but then she kept asking if it was time to go. She laid this way and that way across my lap. She got in my face, nose to nose, to ask the most off the wall questions. Caleb was chewing gum and blew a bubble. At home he lets Gracie smack the bubble.... Oh yea! she does... The congregation is quiet, except for the pastor.... and the sound of Gracie smacking Caleb in the face.... Heavy Sigh
Back at home, its another HOT and HUMID day. The girls laid down for a nap and the boys went swimming at the neighbors... it's SUPPOSED to be fall!... My mood is even more blah.
Monday did prove to be a little better. Josh had his last cross country meet. He came in 1st for his team and 13th overall. His dad said he ran excellent.
After a rocky start to the school year, Josh has brought his Social Studies up from a D- to a B. He struggles with comprehension and I was really stressed that he wasn't doing well. After talking to his teachers and talking to him, I concluded most of his problem was attitude. We got that straightened out and he has made outstanding improvement.
The forecast for today is much cooler temperatures. The nippy breeze of autumn is finally blowing away the hot winds of summer. Maybe that's what I need to improve my mood, a burst of crisp cool air and the crunch of leave under my feet.
October 09, 2007
My Weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
It's lots cooler in Michigan today. Hopefully you are cooler too. A few years ago my daughter did the same thing with a mailbox and broke the mirror on our van. This mailbox was also sticking out on the road. I'm amazed it doesn't happen more often. I know what you mean about weekends. Hope the next one off is better!
Bek, I'm so sorry you had such a bad weekend. Tell Chuck that his meddling mother-in--law :o( said his time with you should come before whatever anyone else wants him to do. You two have so little time together as it is. Can you do something about the nursery at church? Something is wrong since both the girls are used to being with a babysitter and other kids but don't want to be in the church nursery.
As Mari said I pray your next weekend is much better. Hope you two can get time together on your anniversary on the 12th.
Love Mom
Rebekah,
Do me a favor and (even if you don't like my style of music) come over to my place and listen to Incredible God.
Everything around us is always crumbling - always crappy - BUT GOD is always standing strong, loving you, and waiting for you to receive His peace that passes understanding.
love you, girl.
P.S. I have to pray the night before church and on the way to church that all else would fade away. Sitting with my kids in that pew on Sunday morning takes some Jesus!
So sorry you had a less than spectacular weekend. I have often felt like that. blah!! But, with the cool winds of autumn coming, it really does refresh me and I hope it does the same for you!
Glad he brought his grade up in class. We are still struggling with the homework thing!
Sorry that your only weekend off and ended up so crummy. But like you said, maybe fall is finally--nothing cool temperatures and (how 'bout some comfort food?) can't help. Hope you have a better week.
Post a Comment