January 31, 2008

Freeze Frame

I love the age Suzie is at. The other day as I was getting her ready for bed I just wanted to freeze frame her in time. Looking at Josh, Caleb and even Gracie... They just grow up so fast.

Suzie is almost 2 and says a new word or has a new expression everyday. It was only yesterday that Gracie was this little- And by this time tomorrow, Suzie will be turning 5 and off to kindergarten.

Earlier this week I snatched her up to carry her down the hall. "You stinky, pee ewe. Want Mommy to change you diaper?"

Suzie threw her right arm straight up into the air like she was weilding a sword, "NEVOR!"

LOL... I have no idea where that came from. Must have been from an episode of Back yardi gans.

Last night Suzie was in her room playing. She got real quiet for a few minutes. I heard her climbing around so I yelled from the living room, "Sooooze?? Are you standing on your changing table?"

Long pause. Then I hear

"No!"

Yeah, right. I walked back to her room to see her sitting on her changing table grinning from ear to ear. Little Stinker

Two nights ago we had some severe storms blow through here. The lights flickered a bit, lightening flashed and we had a small rumble of thunder. Gracie doesn't like storms so she threw her blanket over her head.

Suzie threw her arms to the side in exageration and said, "Wracie! Iss Juss Rain!"

After another rumble of thunder Suzie turned to me and asked, Is 'at Sceery?"

her question posed as if she was asking if she was supposed to be scared.

I laughed and said, "No. Its not scary."

~~~~~~

Today she brought out Gracie's nail polish and held it up to me, "Fingie gails"

Smiling I asked, "You want me to paint your finger nails?"

She gave a definite nod up and down, "Yea-iss"

6 comments:

Mari said...

I love your Suzie-isms and grace-isms! You are right to enjoy her now, they grow so fast! The sleeping picture is adorable!

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Yep, they are completely adorable. That is a GREAT picture of you!!!! Self portrait huh? Yea, they grow up too fast...and I only have one to watch!!! At least you got to savor it more than once.....I'm ok with that but with Brandon I think "we'll never be at this stage again...."

Are you guys feeling any better? I know you stayed home today or I think you did....

Megan Cobb said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! So cute...

Sharon Hayes said...

Like Mari, I love the Suzie-isms and Gracie-isms. The pic of Sooz sleeping is so so sweet. What a cutie. Thanks for being such a great Mom

Love you, Mom

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Loved loved loved the pictures of your family Rebekah. So adorable. She looks just like you!

AlaneM said...

Oh my, what a cutie! I love the sleeping pictures, they are always so at peace in those ones.
They are just so funny at that age - full of discovery & hilarious mis-pronunciations. As my kids have gotten older & learned the correct way to say things I've always been proud but sad. I miss all their funny little 'isims'!