Ok, so where was I? Ah, yes. The last day of school.... snif, snif. The last day I may ever see my first heart-throbbing crush...
As typical, the last day of school was reserved for a 'Fun Day'. We had morning Chapel and announcements. We cleaned up and cleaned out all our stuff. Then after lunch we played games. It was usually a big game of kick ball.
Earlier in the week, another boy had asked me to go out for a coke after the last day of school. Sean was my brother's best friend, and therefore, one of my best friends. I didn't see his request as a date, but more as two friends hanging out. Since Sean and I could hang out at any time, I didn't hesitate to cancel our plans when I found out that a group from school was coming to my house that afternoon. Among that 'group' was my long-time crush.... I couldn't miss out on seeing him one last time. I knew he only liked me as a friend but I still thought he was just too cute
I remember Sean looking a bit disappointed when he left my house that afternoon. I followed him out to the driveway asking him why he was leaving so soon. When his gaze met mine I instinctively knew that his request to take me out for a coke was more than a friendly gesture.... I'm so stupid! Stupid. Stupid (smacking my forehead with the palm of my hand)... I felt like such a heal, and rightfully so.
Sean and I repaired our friendship and even though we went out on a date or two, we were never more than friends.
The following school year I started at the BIG scary public high school. But that's an entirely different post.
My best friend still attended the Christian school and some of the students there had ties with my "Crush". I have really had to rack my brain to figure out the timing and remember when and how... but at some point and time I crossed paths with Crush. I have thought about this since yesterday and I am almost positive that it had something to do with bowling...
My best friend asked me to go bowling with some friends from school. Bowling? I don't bowl. Plus, I just had surgery on my foot. How was I supposed to bowl? But seeing how Wendy and I were inseparable, we went bowling.
Crush was there.
January 12, 2008
My First Real Crush Part 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
I still can't think who "Mr. Crush" was. . . chalk it up to "senior moment". Rachel do you know?
Love Mom
You should be writing for tv - you are leaving me hanging yet again!
Hope everyone is feeling okay over there - no more puking!
Beka and Steven sitten in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g, first comes love then comes marriage then comes beka with a baby carriage!
You sure are drawing out the suspense!!
Post a Comment