I really hadn't intended this post to be so on-going, but if you're just coming in you can catch up on part 1 and part 2. Now, on with the story.
Bowling.... So we went bowling, me with my foot in a boot-cast. Well, at least that gave me an excuse as to why I didn't bowl so well. Crush and his older brother were there. We had a great time talking and laughing, oh and bowling too.
It's been a long time since I've thought about this so I am going to do my best to get the time line of events correct...
A few weeks after the bowling ordeal, either Crush or his brother,"D", called and invited me to some youth event at their church. Their dad was the pastor of a small Mennonite church out in the boonies on Hwy 20. So, of course, I went. I drove out to the middle of nowhere, feeling lost, driving past the small white church, trying to find a place to turn around, finally getting to the church. And since I was late I had to walk in by myself... I felt like such a dork...
When I walked in I saw Crush up there on stage, playing the drums. I always knew he played the drums, but seeing him up there made my little heart go pitter patter.... what is it about musicians and teen groupies??? .... and drummers especially?? (oh, btw. Chuck played the drums in high school. tee hee)... Ok, back to the pitter patter of my heart. Even though I tried to convince myself that we were just friends, that old 'smitten' feeling crept back in.
I'm not sure how this came about but over the next several month, Crush, D, and I hung out all them time. We went to the movies, an FSU football game, out to eat raw oysters at "Barnacle Bills On North Monroe" (It's a Tallahassee thing, sorry) When Barnacle Bills was closed we ate at Wendys on Hwy 90.
The first night we ate at Wendys there was this drunk couple in there. I have no idea what the lady's name was but the guy's name was GAARRRRRYYYYYYYY! I know this because the the lady screamed his name about a hundred times while we were there. We laughed so hard, pop was coming out out noses.... and carbonation hurts coming out the nose.... We saw this couple often when we stopped at this Wendys. It must have been their place to hang out... and she always called his name at the top of her voice and drug out every syllable. Gary was always irritated at her and would tell her to shut up. They were quite entertaining.
A guy that worked with Crush was getting married. It was a formal Catholic wedding and Crush needed a date.... Oh a DATE. A Date. A Date. A Date... Crush invited me to go... Me. Me. Me... I get to go on a date with Crush... And since it was a formal wedding, I got to go buy me a pretty dress.... not a 'prom' type formal, but a little dressier than say, a church type dress...
The wedding was a couple weeks away and Crush thought it might be a good idea if just he and I went out (with out D) to get to know each other better.... We've know each other for close to 10 years... but ok, whatever. I aint gonna say No to that....
A 'date' usually meant a 'movie'. Crush said he didn't want to go to a movie. His dad always told him that you never take a girl to the movies on a first date because you can't really talk and get to know each other.... wheeeeeee! this is a date? an actual 'first date'....
January 14, 2008
My First Real Crush Part 3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Uh huh? Uh huh? ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND? C'mon now. Get on with it.
All right now - are you really making me wait again?
Well now that I know who "Crush" is (and he was very good looking) it is fun going down memory lane with you.
Love Mom
I really want to know who Crush is! At first I thought it might be your husband, but since you mentioned him in the post, I'm not so sure. Oh, the suspense!
This is great!! ha all these women sitting on the edge of there seats waiting for Bek to tell you what
Stevens name is and.....oh sorry girls ha... I mean uh the guy or Steven... I mean crush yeah crush, Just wait till Beka tell ya who it is, it will be such a suprise!!
Post a Comment