January 01, 2008

Th!s Crazy L!fe

I spent an hour this morning looking for this song. The tune has been stuck in my head and I could only remember part of the chorus. I go0gled the words I could remember and came up with about two dozen songs..... Finally I found it!.... now I can relax. it was driving me crazy... in my crazy life.... hmmm, crazy must be the word of the day...

Aaaanywaaay....

I've been off work the last 6 days. My mom came to visit which was nice. The kids were wound up so it was kinda crazy.... there's that word again.... We got to sit and visit a little but not too much. The morning mom left Gracie ran up to her and said, "Thanks for coming to visit me". The funny thing was that I didn't tell her to say it. For the rest of the day Gracie kept asking if we could go to Grandma's house. I tried to explain to her that it is a 4 hour drive to Grandma's house but, uhm, she didn't really comprehend that and kept insisting that we go to Grandma's house.

Except for Sunday afternoon... which was actually nice enough to go outside.... I have been cooped up with 4 kids in a drastically shrinking house. We got our exercise playing W ii but the lack of space to breath eventually caught up with us and craziness ensued.

Gracie kept insisting on bowling with the W ii. Chuck gave her a controller and let her think she was bowling, while, in fact, Chuck was standing behind her doing the actual bowling. The next day Caleb set the game to 2 players and taught Gracie to play. She is actually quite good. She averaged a 150-170. She would bowl and then jump up and down screaming "Yea Baby. Yea Baby." and "Get therrre. Get therrre. Common.... YES!!" She was too funny.

Aside from the craziness, I did accomplish a few things I had wanted to get done. I rearranged my bedroom and we got Suzie a toddler bed. I rearranged the girls' room too.

Ok. So back to the song. I've always liked the tune, something about it reminds me of my childhood years.... in particular, living on Laural Street in Tallahassee.... Not only is the tune cheery and happy, the lyrics make me smile. I'm most certain the writer of the song was referring to his better half, but it makes me think of my kids as well as Chuck. I think I am going to make this my theme song for 2008.... cuz in this crazy life and through these crazy times... they make me sing.....

Seriously, listen to the song and tell me, "how can anyone be in a bad mood when they hear this song"? I need find a way to get this song linked into my kitchen. When I start to get stressed and feel like I am being pulled into 10 different directions, I can push play and dance through my day.

7 comments:

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

I really like that song! I had never heard it before. It would cheer me up too :)

Glad you got some time off. I guess you are back to work today? I have today off...but I may be going in for a few hours...not sure. I have so much to do at work, but also at home too. I can't choose which place to put my efforts!!

Happy New Year!

Mari said...

I'm so glad you posted this - as I read your post I was wondering what the song was. I never heard it before but I like it. I love Michael Buble!

Sharon Hayes said...

Haven't been able to hear the song yet, took long time loading. I really enjoyed the "craziness" with you all. Give them all a big hug and kiss from Mamaw and tell them to hug you for me.
Love you Mom

Heather said...

I saw Michael Buble on a talk show, but I've never heard this song. It is catchy!

I'm back to work on Thursday and I'm dreading every minute of it. :o)

Zaankali said...

We (okay I) got Wii for Christmas. I love bowling. LOL! Mark and I have been enjoying golf also. Except if I am winning then he has to keep playing until he wins and I am sick of it. LOL!
Smiles!

Sharon Hayes said...

I finally heard the song (I pressed the wrong button earlier), very catchy and perks you up.

Thanks for sharing
Love Mom

Rachel Hauck said...

Great song! I'll have to down load.

Love you, rachel