Yes, I know. There could be a thousand different post hosting this title.... and just as many with the title Woman Are Weird...
The other night I'd given the girls a bath. Suzie was out, dried off, and I was putting her jammies on..... I was putting the PJs on Suzie, not me.... Chuck came in the bathroom to help with the girls. He wrapped a towel around Gracie and got her out of the tub.
Suzie was dressed and playing with her baby doll. Chuck was blow drying Gracie's hair when I went back in the bathroom to pick up the dirty clothes. The boys were at their dad's.... hmmmm, a somewhat quiet house. Everyone is taken care of and occupied.... The perfect opportunity for me to sneak in a quick shower for myself.... I wasn't planning on washing my hair so we are talking about a quick shower. 5 minutes, tops....
Let me back up for a second.
During the work week if I have an errand to run and I am not going to be home at my normal time, I will call Chuck and let him know.... ie: grocery store, doctor appointment, hair cut... The end of my work day is in the middle of Chuck's work day so when I call he is usually busy with something. His voice inflection portrays an attitude of "Yeah, whatever, why are you bothering me with this?"... though he doesn't actually say these things, his tone is clear that he is too busy to be bothered with trivial details.... However, if I didn't call to say I wouldn't be home right away, Chuck would get home early and call to ask why I wasn't already home. Or after I get home from the grocery, he will tell me that he needed this or that from the store.
Ok, so now back to my quick, 5 minute shower.
I am just about to get out. Chuck opens the door and says (kind of serious but in a joking manner) "Hey, thanks for telling me you were going to take a shower"
Wha?? It's not like I left the house or decided to soak in the tub for an hour. I am simply getting ready for bed...
After I got my jammies on I went out to the living room and asked what the big deal was. His reply, "I just didn't know where you went."... Ok, our house aint that big. And it's an open floor plan. So there's not too many places I can sneak off to... My comment, "I didn't know I needed to report-in for a trip to the bathroom."
So let me get this straight. He doesn't care if I am two hours late getting home, but a trip to the bathroom is cause for concern
And just for the record, Chuck does announce when he is going to take a shower or get ready for bed.... so I guess these activities are of importance to him and I should take note for the next time...
March 02, 2008
Men Are Weird
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
My husband would do that too. You're right - men are wierd!
I got an email once regarding that. Something about how buying a man's brain is very expensive & a woman's is like half the price. Somebody asks why & the answer is that only the women's brains are used - HA!!
I can SO relate my dear, they are indeed strange creatures.
It's so weird how certain things are so important to them, and yet if something is REALLY important, men don't think anything of it. You're right. Men are weird.
"Good grief Charlie Brown"!! Remember Men are from Mars Women are from Venus. :o)
Love you all
As the only man apparently available to comment; First, in my house it's in our own best interest to announce a shower if only to keep people from flushing the (other) toilet while you're in there. Second, it's eerily disconcerting when someone who was just standing there a second ago, disappears only to be found in the shower later; as if they were magically pulled in there as they were passing by...
will
LOL, I can relate! You never know what men want!! I found your blog through Sniz's blog...I'm enjoying reading it!
Post a Comment