I have seen a lot of bloggers post titles of 'randomness' lately, or comment about how blah their mood is. It seems we are all in a bit a 'ho-hum'... could it be the news media with all their "the sky is falling" reports...
..Not all is bad in the world. Could we pah-leeese have some positive news???...
I was visiting Kvegas... a 911 dispatcher in NC... She was working the night the tornadoes ripped through there and has posted some incredible pictures. If you check out the comments she talks a little about how crazy it was that and how busy emergency service personnel have been.
...oops, sorry that is a negative story (destruction). On a positive note though- Those workers are doing a wonderful job in the midst of a difficult situation to help out those in need. My hat is off to you...
Does anybody have anything positive to report or say? Leave me a comment with something positive going on in the world today...
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!
May 11, 2008
A Negative Positive
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
On the front page of our paper today was the story of a local 23 year old who was in Colorado. He fell while hiking - 100 feet! He had to wait 7 hours to be rescued while a friend went for help. He has bad fractures to both lower legs, but in the article he praises God for keeping him alive and for being his comforter while he waited.
We are actually having a spring! For the last five years or so, it's gone straight from Winter into summer but not this year! Our winter was way too long but this is a nice way to end it!
Will
I agree, I need to hear some positive. I am pretty excited about warmer weather. I spent the weekend planting flowers. How can you not feel a bit perky when you have beautiful flowers to come home to, right?
you want to see perky? check out my blog. The flowers I just posted are so beautiful and the bees getting their nectar from it is a neat picture to look at. Enjoy your day!
You know, you are so right about that, I didn't really notice before but it's true.
I have been feeling very blah lately...it's spring, time to snap out of the blahs dagnabit!
Funny that you are commenting about what's going on in MY backyard! The tornadoes did come through here Thursday night, but went south of where my neighborhood is located. It was kind of scary, but we never lost power and didn't have any damage. Luckily, there were few fatalities and injuries.
Something positive to report...all of you readers are wonderful! My "feelin' blue" post elicited such sweet responses from you all and they never fail to make me feel better.
I'm not feeling blue, Rebekah! It's spring and my kids just gave me a gorgeous bracelet for Mother's Day. Praise the Lord!
We had a great MOPS meeting last month. There are so many people hurting in this world, and so many negative things that it can be overwhelming. That MOPS meeting, we had about 6 people come in and share what they do to reach out to the local community and the world to help. It was VERY inspiring and a reminder that everyone has to do their part to make a difference.
Hey, thanks for the shout out!! It has been hard coming up with positive stuff lately....I don't know what the deal is? I think everyone has been kinda dry trying to blog lately, at least I feel that I have...
Post a Comment