August 22, 2008

Don't Eat The Dog Poop

Suzie has been full of it lately. No, no. Not dog poop... well, not real dog poop... She is just an ornery little booger.

Last week or so, the boys closet shelves came tumbling down. To much weight and not enough support. Chuck re-enforced the brackets and hung the shelves back up. The next morning, the shelves came down again.... the screw head came through the hole in the bracket... Chuck hung the shelves a second time, adding washers to hold the brackets in place.

I mention the closet issue for this purpose here...

That same weekend- all was quiet in the house. The boys were gone. The girls played quietly in their room. Chuck and I were chilled out watching Tv.

I may have been into the show we were watching, but my mommy ears perked up when I heard a faint clash of plastic being racked across wire shelving. In a quiet voice I simply stated, "Suzie is climbing on her closet shelf."

Chuck snapped his head around and looked at me like I was nuts... how could I possibly see what she was doing? I'm sure he was wondering if I suddenly developed some sort of esp or psychic power.... "No she's not"

Neither Chuck or I moved- My eyes directed toward the Tv but I could feel his stare on me. "Suzie?" Chuck called. My simple words got the better of him, "What are you doing?" Chuck got up from the couch.... He just hung the boys shelves twice- I'm sure he didn't want to have to rehang the girls shelves... not to mention that Suzie would come tumbling down on top of all the toys below her...

Down the hall I hear Chuck's 'Daddy' voice, "What are you doing? Get down from there before you fall and get hurt!"

Innocent little Suzie, "but I want my Bawbie sssstuff"... her barbie stuff is in a plastic tote on the top shelf of her closet... hence the sound of plastic scraping across the wire shelf...

"Well ask me or mommy to get it for, Silly. You can get hurt climbing up here" ...I wanted to laugh 'ha ha- I told you she was climbing up there'- but I didn't. I simply smiled to myself... Chuck grabbed the barbie tote and put it down on the floor for Suzie.

Now it was my turn to go to the girls room, "Suzanna!" I began. "Do. Not. Put. ANY. of your Barbie toys in your mouth! Do you understand!?" ...there is a reason all her barbie stuff is in a box on the top shelf...

"K" Suzie dumped the tote out of the floor.

"Suzanna!" I warned.

"I wont" she huffed... like geez mom, I heard you the first time...

This time I turned to Gracie, "You keep an eye on her" Gracie nodded as she began to set up the plastic Barbie living area

Several minutes later Gracie's voice echoed down the hall, "Moooommmm! Suzie ate the dog poop" ...The Barbie set has a dog that came with a box of dog food. The food looks like brown tic tacs. The food goes in the dogs mouth, pump his tail and he swallows the food, then the little pellets come out his rear.... (who came up with this by the way)...

"Suzanna Rae!!" I hopped off the couch.

"Suzie!" I snapped, now standing in the door of her room, hands on hips. "Did you put something in your mouth?"

Suzie looked up at me with her innocent little face. My eyes grazed over the toys sprawled out on the floor, "Where is the dog food?"

Suzie lifted her shirt and exposed her belly. "Are you serious?" I huffed.

"What?" Suzie asked, like she had no idea what just happened.

"Stop eating the dog poop!" I demanded ...ouhhhh, she is such a little booger...

7 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

haha!

Before you were a mother, did you ever think those words would come out of your mouth??

Unknown said...

Oh now that's just gross even after reading the WHOLE thing! LOL - it's STILL gross!

Those mommy senses do come in handy don't they?

Mari said...

This is a classic! I'm just glad it was plastic poop!

Sharon Hayes said...

I wish I could write something clever - her innocent curiosity and "I can do it" attitude makes her so special. Hope you (and Suzie) survive her growing up!! :o)

T with Honey said...

Next time remember to be more specific. You mentioned not putting the Barbie toys in her mouth but you did not specify parts belonging to Barbie's dogs. Princess is a pro at finding the loopholes. I think she could have a great future as a lawyer.

I thought kids reserved moments like that for when company is over or you're out in public. They just love making mommy yell things like "Stop eating dog poop" out in public where everyone can take it out of context and be horrified at what an awful mother that poor child has.

Rachel Hauck said...

Well, she didn't put it in her mouth, she put it in her belly!

Rachel :)

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

What a hoot. And I've seen those things at easter...where the chicken shoots out "poop" candy. Yea, pretty gross.

And I know what you mean about the mommy ears. Face it, we just KNOW!!!