I picked Caleb up from cross country yesterday. He walked out to the van with a smile on his face... but Caleb always has a smile on his face... After I asked him about school and cross country, I asked if he talked to Emily. "Yeah" he says, high pitched and shy. "And???"
Ok, I wont jerk your chain the way he did mine- The story boils down to this: The question posed was if she would "Dance" with him, not if she would "go to the dance" with him. The reply- "Sure" with a great big smile.
The boys are supposed to spend the night with the grandparents Friday night, but I am insistent that I pick him up from the dance and drop him off. I want the details first hand.
****
Down at the end of our street, there are some kids Josh and Caleb's age. Now that they are getting older, they all hang out in the afternoons- either in our yard playing wiffle ball, down the street playing basketball or riding bikes around the neighborhood.
Getting into the teenage years- where there are boys, the girls will show up.
Sunday afternoon I glanced out the kitchen window, "There are girls in our back yard" I gasped.
Chuck was in the living room and could see Gracie and Suzie playing on the front porch, "What do you mean 'girls'?" he questioned.
Josh, Caleb and Company were congregating on our picnic table, "The kind that that have 'Bra Straps!'" I exclaimed
Chuck got up from the couch and looked out the window. The one girl was from down the street, the other one we knew as well... after all, it is a small town... "Looks like a bunch of guys to me" Then he spotted the girls, "Hmm"
..."hmmm"?? is that all he can say? I'm sure he would be much more vocal if this situations was reversed with Gracie and Suzie hanging out with boys!... *Sigh*
I guess I should just start getting used to seeing Bra Straps in my yard
August 21, 2008
Sure As Sure, Those Are Bra Straps
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
So glad he gets to dance with his dream girl!
And sounds like everything is about to change around your house...dances, girls hanging around...ACK!! So glad mine are only 5 and 4!
As long as it's just the girls with the bra straps, your life should be ok.
Hurrah - he took one small step forward and got a YES!! You description of the kids playing in your yard or down the street/basketball - sounds a little like "the good old days" - it's good to be in a small town where you know most everyone. Can't wait to see you Sat. and hear first hand about the dance. :o)
Mom/Mamaw
hee hee - ok as long as the bras are strapped on - ha. I can so totally relate Rebekah. I'm not ready for the bra straps!!!
Way too fast. Braeden was asking dad about dating the other day. I didn't think he was there yet, apparently he only likes older women. Girls his age are just girls, not objects of lust or affection. I am so not ready for this!!!! Are you??? Yikes!
Yeah! I'm happy he got a yes with a smile! I love your descriptions - and yes, you better get used to the bra straps!
What a funny descriptor, bra straps. I love it.
That is true! Since we have all girls Chad nevers says hmmm. He is like a crazy man, thankfully over the last 6 months he has gotten better!
Cute description, I may try that out on my girls.
Jenny
They're growing up momma! LOL
Post a Comment