The title up there if from a Bill C0sby bit talking about when you hear a Dr say Oops.... I embedded a y0utube video on this bit at the bottom...
Well, today is the day I get my throat cut.... and I mean that literally. My thyroid surgery is scheduled for 7:30 but I have to be at the hospital at 5:30... I am talking AM here... so that means I have to get up at 4. What is up with that? Not only am I getting my thyroid sliced out, I don't even get to sleep in.
The worst thing I hate about surgery is nothing to drink after midnight. I can handle the 'no-food', but the 'no-water'- Drives me crazy not to be able to chug down a big glass in the morning. So, I'm up at 4. Surgery isn't until 7:30... sigh... I will be awake for three hours with nothing to drink... thhhbbbbbb.....
I'm a little nervous but not too much. Every now and then a bad thought pops in my head but I don't dwell on it. My biggest issue is this whole thing is just just a pain in the neck... not just figuratively either... Just a detour in my day. A chink in the path of life.
My mom is up from TN to help out with the kids while I am in the hospital.... 24 hour stay... and my first few days at home. The kids are excited to have Mamaw here.
I am really wishing I had a lap top so I could blog from my hospital bed. But I don't, so I will have to go about it the old fashion way- Pen and Paper
... what? Do stores still sell pens and paper? I mean, how Fred Flinst0ne is that??? (and yes they still sell pen and paper as I saw plenty while back to school shopping)...
Anyway, I will capture my experience on paper and type it in later.... I'm probably going to get writers cramp within my first hand-written paragraph...
Enjoy the the "Oops" clip below- I will be back in a few days.
August 26, 2008
Lets Not Have Any "Oops" Today
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
I'll be praying everything goes well and that you have a speedy recovery.
The Doofus/Sniz family will be praying for you.
I'll be praying for you to be back here and feeling good quickly! (And no "oops"!)
I will be thinking of you and keeping you in prayer. No oops! Bless you Rebekah, hope you have a speedy recovery as well.
Good luck! I hope everything goes well!
Good luck today, I will say a little prayer everything goes well.
Awww I'm behind on my blog reading so I just saw this. I am glad you got everything taken care of so quickly. I hope all went well
Post a Comment