Gracie had her first day of Pre-school Wednesday. We considered sending her last year but it didn't work out- which was probably for the best because I don't think she was ready last year. This year, however, she is really psyched. She has been talking about going to school since the first of August.
Suzie and I took Gracie to the church and walked in with her. Other kids showed up- they were all so shy and quite... I am certain that will change rather quick... Gracie was the first in line so she got to be leader for the day. A few of the kids started to cry a bit and for a brief second I thought Gracie was going to cry- But she kept her big smile on.
With so much talk of pre-school this past week, Suzie was aware of what was going on, but uncertainty rolled in as Suzie and I rolled out of the parking lot without Gracie.
Suzie asked about 3 times, "Where is Gracie? We forgot Gracie". I explained to her that we would be back to pick her up in a little bit. When Suzie and I pulled up in front of our house, she had a little fit before getting out of the van. She wanted to get out on "Gracie's side", but I wasn't going to walk around the van when she was standing in front of an open door.
I got her out of the van but she wasn't happy about it. She walked to the back of the van and stood there pouting with her head down, not looking at me. "Let's go inside and get some lunch" I encouraged, but she didn't want hear it.
Suzie started to throw a little fit again. "What is wrong with you?" I asked "Do you miss Gracie?" With those words leaving my mouth, the tears came out. Suzie sobbed, "I wannn MYyyy Graaaacieeee"... Awwwww.... I totally didn't expect this. I gathered her up and carried my "sobbing Suzie" into the house. After a few minutes of cuddle time and some more sobbing, a little bit of juice and some D0ritoes fixed all that was the matter
And I was not aware that hurricanes frequented the Midwest state of Indiana, but after the D0ritioes and juice were gone... and she realized she has the entire house to herself.... Hurricane Suzanna struck with a furry.
She drug out every toy and dumped out every toy basket. It was such a mess that there wasn't time to clean it all up before we left to pick up Gracie... I still think some of those toys are out and about...
So, we picked up Gracie. Suzie ran excitedly to hug her big sister. Gracie hugged her back while trying to show me the puppet she made- that was still on her hand. Gracie had a great first day and is looking forward to going back on Friday... which I guess is today since I pre-wrote this post and scheduled it's posting...
This is my weekend off and we are going camping. Maybe the last time for the season, but it's hard to say- the camper does have a heater so there may be Fall trips in our future.





6 comments:
The pictures are so cute, Gracie is so sweet to Suzie. poor Suzie - her first time away from Gracie - that was a shock for her. It was so much fun watching them play together - they are quite a pair.
Love Mom/Mamaw
The next time the girls are fighting remember that Suzie does love her sister! Have a fun weekend camping - it's my weekend to work.
That must have been both frustrating yet incredibly sweet to see Suzie react that way. Sisterly love does exist.
That is so sweet!
So cute! Poor Suz. Isn't it great she loves her so much. At two, she understands, at least, reacts to love.
Rachel
How sweet! Is she talking your ear off yet without big sis around?
Post a Comment