October 11, 2008

I've Been Awarded


Susan from Life In The Psych Ward blessed me with an award. It's been a while since I've had one passed along to me... at least one that I know of... I am new to reading the Psych Ward and have really enjoyed getting to meet Susan. We have a common love of a local beach in north Florida.

The steps of this award are to list 6 things we love, then pass it on to 6 lovely bloggers.

1. Not that this is necessarily first on my list but, since I mentioned St George Island (that local beach in Florida), I will go ahead and add it to my list. I love that beach and the wonderful memories I have from growing up in Florida.

2. Now on to something that is more at the top of my list. My husband and all that he is.

3. Sweet, wet kisses from my dirty faces

4. The smell of coffee brewing and a cigarette burning (reminds me of my Grandma's place)

5. And since it's that time of year- I love Fall. Cool crisp air, colorful leaves on trees, watching leaves fall, listening to them crunch under my feet, I love the feel of the warm sun breaking through the chilly air

6. Spending time with my "Ya-girlfriends" We don't get together often, but I sure enjoy the times when we do.

*Note- it has taken me all morning to write this out. The phone keeps ringing. My officer keeps calling me on the radio. The life squad keeps calling in times and I have to log it.

One thing about trying to blog and dispatch at the same time. I have to lock my "caps" on when I log something for dispatch, and unlock them when I go back to blogging. I sometimes forget this and I either type an entire dispatch log in lower case, then have to go back and retype it. Or my blog post starts to look like this- hI eVERYONE. hOW aRE yOU dOING.

Ok, back to the Award business. I have met some new bloggers recently so I will pass this on to some of them.

Pam over at You're Gonna Miss This- her blog is inspiring and encouraging

Heidi from Mommy Doesn't Live Here Anymore- Just opening up her blog makes me laugh. Click on it and see for yourself

Sassy at Sassy Bug's Weblog- A third grade teacher with insightful posts.

Leigh in North Carolina New Beginings- I am brand new to her blog but I look forward to getting to know her and her family

Melissa warns Be Careful What You Wish For- I've enjoyed getting to know Melissa. She seems to have a twisted sense of humor; like me.

Elisa living at My Journey Begins Now- She is an artist at pinching pennies and saving money. I envy her talent because I can never remember my coupons.
I hope you check out these bloggers and enjoy them as much as I do.
Whew- There. It's done. Almost 3 hours to get this post written... Everyone have a great weekend



7 comments:

Mari said...

Congratulations - you are creative! (and as you admitted - a little twisted!)

Pam said...

Hey! Thank you! I will work on getting those done this week!!

Rachel Hauck said...

fun! :)

Love you, Rachel

Anonymous said...

Thank you, this is my first bloggie award. I shall be forever honored. just so you know I am honored that you think I teach third graders, I am not that saintly. I teach high schoolers but this is my third year doing so, so the third part true! Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

*sigh* I miss being able to blog at work!

Jenny said...

I needed some new blogs to visit so this will be fun!

Have a great day.
Jen

Unknown said...

Thanks for the award! Pam tagged me for a meme too so between the two of you, ya'll are going to keep me busy this week! LOL