October 09, 2008

A Mean Trick To Play On Coffee Drinkers

Over the summer the Gas-N-Sip where I stop every morning to get my morning mix of coffee... 3/4 cup coffee, 1/4 cup cappuccino... remodeled their store.

The remodel provided a long counter full of fancy-pants coffee machines ranging with various types of coffee... Decaf, Classic, House Blend, Buzzed... and cappuccino... French Vanilla, Mocha, English Toffee... and lots of accessories... cups, lids, creamers, sugars... I think you get the point- I have lots of choices.

So anyway, approximately 5:50 every morning I go in. Grab a 20 oz cup. Position my cup under "Buzz" until it's 3/4 full. Then move my cup to French Vanilla cappuccino. Stir. Press on Lid. Pay cashier. Then head to work. It's become such routine I could do it with my eyes closed... and I'm not so sure I haven't done that some mornings...

Last week I entered the store. Reached for my cup and positioned it under the Third coffee machine.

About 1/2 full I realized I was getting the Wrong coffee- mostly due to the bright colorful sign in front of my face that said "Decaf"... see, I told you I sometimes do this with my eyes closed...

I stepped back. Focused my vision on the row of machines in front of me and cocked one eye brow... What is up?... Blinking a few more times to clear the morning from my eyes, I took another look... now wait a minute- it should be Classic, House, Buzzed, then Decaf.... Someone had moved the machines around to Buzzed, Classic, Decaf, then House... Well, what the heck?...

Assuming that this transition probably took place during some sort of cleaning event... always glad to know they clean inside the store... I looked for a place to dump my Decaf- because from the start of my morning so far, I don't think Decaf would have done the trick.

Then- to top it off, a few days later they got rid of my French Vanilla and added two new flavors. Pumpkin Pie and Peanut Butter... now the Pumpkin I understand, after all- it is Fall. But where does the Peanut Butter come in?...

I was forced to fill 1/4 of my Buzzed coffee with 'low fat' French Vanilla. Oh, it tasted alright. It just doesn't have the fat creamy taste of the regular stuff... but still trying to knock of 8 lbs, I guess the low fat is probably a good thing...

This morning, however, I decided to taste these two new flavors.

First the Peanut Butter... I dispensed about two tastes worth into my cup. Hmmmm, not bad- but not going to be a favorite of mine.

Next was the Pumpkin Pie.... let me pause her to say that's it a good thing I am a regular in this store because the Clerk laughed as she watched me perform my personal taste test... The rich, pumpkiny aroma wafted up to my nostrils... Yum- if this taste half as good as it smells... I blew into the cup a few times to cool the cappuccino. Then tipped the cup up.

Let me just say that I could fill a paragraph here with synonyms of the word Delicious- and still couldn't make you understand how absolutely scrumptious it tasted... If you've ever tasted a Pumpkin Pie Blizzard at DQ, then you might have a small insight into such ambrosial flavor

Needless to say, I now have a new favorite Morning Mix... 3/4 cup coffee (not decaf) and 1/4 cup Pumpkin Pie Cappuccino.

I just hope they dont get rid of it come season change... which I'm sure they will...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Uggghhh, I am NOT a coffee drinker - can't stand the smell of it even! Greg is totally addicted to Starbucks Skinny Vanilla Latte's and everytime we go somewhere or if I am out he wants to go by there. Dakota and I were out the other night and Greg called and asked me to go by Starbucks for him on my way home. There are two of them right around the corner from our house - one is north (has a drive-thru) and one is south (no drive-thru). I passed the south one to go to the north one and Dakota, eager to get home, was like "mom! What are you doing?! You just passed Starbucks!" I said...sorry son, I can't stand the smell of coffee and I am NOT going inside the place so unless you want to go in and buy it we have to do drive through. LOL

I'll have to mention that pumpkin flavoring though - my hon my like that - he loves pumpkin pie...that's his favorite!

Anonymous said...

YUMMY!!!! I'm a pumpkin spice latte from starbucks kinda girl!!!

Oh, and yes, SGI, Florida... isn't it heaven on earth??? WE love it there and the best thing about it is my daughter doesn't like the crowded beaches... no spring break partying for this girl!!! she's spoiled as well!!

Mari said...

I was afraid it would taste awful and you would be without your morning caffeine! Hope it stays around for a while!

Sharon Hayes said...

YUMMM Pumpkin is good Julie found some Pumpkin coffee creamer last year - we'll have to look for it again.

Linlee said...

I'm not a coffee drinker but adding pumpkin sounds really good. I just might have to try it.

Anonymous said...

Can't say the pumpkin would do the trick in my world, but I live for the few days between Thanksgiving and Christmas when gingerbread cookie creamer comes out. I stock up so I have some sweetness clear into January. Yummm, I can't wait.

I'm Tara. said...

Oh, pumpkin anything is usually good for me. And I can't handle anything but decaf so ol' BUZZ would probably make me sick.

Rachel Hauck said...

ambrosial flavor? Is that a word, ambrosial? LOL.

Sounds good, if I were a coffee drinker.

Fun, fun post.

Love you, Rachel