October 16, 2008

Please Dont Vote If You Dont Know

I was over the The World Of Chelle the other day. She has a sound bite link from Howard Stern. And as she comments- its hard to believe listening to anything from his radio show could be "safe", but I gave it a listen.

Check it out for yourself- Click Here

I'm sorry- This is just sad... sad, sad, sad... that citizens don't pay more attention to what is going on and then go out and blindly vote for a candidate they know nothing about. Down right scary

And now Obama has stated his true intentions of "Wealth Distribution" That is just Anti-American. His policies are swimming on the brim of a giant cup of Socialism. Government control is what we fled from in England and other countries.

America was supposed to be the land of opportunity. The land where we could make out of life what we wanted. No one said it would be fair. No one said it would be easy. The government has no right to take money from someone else only to give it to whom they decide and how much they decide.

Now I am nowhere near that top 5%- and yes, I would love to have some extra money. But I don't want to government forcing someone else to give me money and I don't want government encouraging joblessness- making it easier to sit at home and get a paycheck someone else earned.... I see abuse of the welfare system every day!...

If you're gonna vote- check out some of the important issues and weigh out the long term affects.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! This is too amazing to be true! OH WAIT A MINUTE! No it isn't. It's just average Americans, isn't it? Geeze, it's not surprising that other countries view us as spoiled children who don't know how to think for ourselves!

Rachel Hauck said...

Even worse?! I heard of a white dude going to vote for Obama even though he thinks he's a "terrorists" and will hate himself for it after he votes, but he wants to go back the days when the government ran every thing (get this) LIKE REAGAN.

AHHH!! This guy MUSTA gone to publik skool.

;)

Anonymous said...

So very well said! Melissa

Sharon Hayes said...

VERY GOOD POST!!! I think Obama made a huge slip-of-the-tongue w/"Joe the Plumber" - maybe he didn't know there was a mic close by recording him. BUT - I this could work to "Joe's advantage - he may get all kinds of business now that everyone knows who he is. OOPS I FORGOT - HE WON'T GET MORE MONEY BECAUSE IF OBAMA IS PRESIDENT - HE'LL TAKE IT AWAY FROM HIM!!!

Unknown said...

Oh MY GOODNESS! This is just basic information that you can pick up from scanning headlines! You don't even have to read any newspapers or anything to know this information! How sad is this!

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

Before I get into commenting about the election and that bit from the Stern show, I want to say a few things about Howard Stern. First off, I'm SO GLAD that he's now on Sirius satellite radio and not the regular air waves. This allows him to say and do whatever he wants and (more importantly) makes it so I never have to hear him on the air or worry about my kids accidentally catching his show. Thanks, Howard. However, as crude and nasty as he is (and I believe he does it merely to get attention) he sometimes says and does things that are quite profound. This interview is a great example. I remember one time (yes, I've heard my share of his show--sorry) he was doing a similar thing and asking folks about their political views in Harlem or a similar geographic area. He was asking people if they were Democrats or Republicans and one guy who must have been drunk sort of barely mumbled that he was a "pelican." It was priceless.

Now, let me just say that the Obama plan is more similar to European socialism than that of the English Empire. The only way his plan works is with more tax money. Once he taps out on the "rich" folks (and you'd be surprised at just how many of you are considered to be "rich") he will go after the rest of us. He will NOT cut taxes--only shift them.

Now go take on your day. (sorry for the long reply)

Mindy said...

Amen to that, the post and the prior comment. I went into this election stuff with an open mind way back when there were several candidates. I was a good girl, I listened to what they all had to say and considered it all carefully. I admit at times (very early on) I liked what Obama had to say. Sadly, the closer we get to the actual election the more and more alarming his ideas are becoming. My family and I struggle with finances a lot of the time, but that is by choice so that I can be a SAHM and I certainly don't expect someone to give up more of their money just to give it to me because of the choice I have made. It's a step toward socialism for sure, and not the kind of principles our country was founded on.

Anonymous said...

Oh, hello, isn't that what communism is all about???

Anonymous said...

Oh, hello, isn't that what communism is all about???

Mari said...

I listened when this was on Chelle's blog and was just amazed at the answers people give. What happened to being an educated voter?

Linlee said...

I totally agree. My husband has noticed that when he asks an Obama supporter why he should vote for him they can't give me a reason. I've never been into politics but this election is different. There are too many "what if's" and unknowns.

danette said...

I totally agree with this. I was surprised that Obama came out and said that, he's said things along those lines before but not usually so blatantly especially with cameras around. In his speech in Berlin, he said, "This is the moment when we must build on the wealth that open markets have created, and share its benefits more equitably." He's not just talking socialism in the U.S. (scary enough), he wants socialism on a global scale.

Oh my goodness, that clip is just sad. Even without paying much attention, you'd think the VP comment would have given it away?

Jenny said...

I'm with you! It is scary right now!

Jen