I am happy to report that I have been using my treadmill... I know. Shocking... at least 4 times a week. Some evenings I really have to make myself do it, but after I'm done I feel so much better... it is such a de-stresser...
Most times, Gracie and Suzie are good about letting me get in a decent walk. But occasionally I do have to remind them not to step or touch the conveyor belt while I am walking. I have painted vivid pictures to the girls, explaining how they can get seriously hurt playing around the treadmill. One of the examples I used was tried and tested positive by Suzie the other night... independent little booger...
This particular night I was full of energy and moving at a pretty good pace... somewhere between a fast walk and a jog... Having kept this pace for several minutes, I was holding all my concentration on keeping straight on the treadmill... it can be a little disorienting... Suzie was in the room playing with her dolls. She got up and moved behind the treadmill. Too out of breath to tell her to move, I waved her off with my hand, but Suzie paid me no mind.
I don't know what she did, but "Whamm!" Suzie hit the treadmill face first. Then "Slamm!" She was thrown off the back and into the boys closet door.
Immediately I yanked the Key and stopped the treadmill. Jumping off I turned to Suzie and scooped up my crying Babe. My heart pounded checking to make sure she wasn't hurt. Thankfully she was Ok. Just scared out of her little mind... Me too!...
Once Suzie's crying calmed to a slow simmer, I tipped her face up to look me in the eye, "See? I told not to do that, didn't I? Suzie fixed her stare on me, her eyes still swimming with crocodile tears. She nodded her head and sniffled. I continued, "And you went right into the closet door, just like I said. Didn't you?" Again Suzie nodded and sniffled.
****
I'd forgotten about the whole thing until a few nights later. I was walking on the treadmill when Julia has stopped by the house with Mamaw and Papaw. Julia came in the room to see what I was doing and started asking all kinds of questions about the treadmill.... I wasn't going so fast this time so I was able to carry on a conversation...
Suzie's incident came to mind and I replayed the whole thing for Julia. Although it wasn't funny at the time, Julia and I cracked up picturing Suzie hitting that conveyor belt and getting slung off the back- it was just so animated and comical... its was so not funny- but yeah, it was...
February 16, 2009
Not The Fun Ride She Thought It Would Be
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Oh no!!! Trying not to laugh but I have a visual. LOL
Poor Suzy! I bet she doesn't try that again.
That's when I pull out the "see, mommy isn't kidding when she warns you about stuff like that!"
Poor Suzy but very funny image :)
Post a Comment