Tuesday morning Chuck and I were both up getting ready for work... Chuck going to the firehouse. Me going to the police department...
Chuck is always busting my chops (jokingly) about how long it takes me to get ready. Which, for a girl, I don't think it takes me that long. But I do take a shower, put on make-up and dry my hair every morning... 35 minutes- Tops...
Anyway, back to Tuesday- I'm in the middle of my morning routine and Chuck is ready to Go. He pops his head into the bathroom for a goodbye kiss and rolls off with some remark about him being 'ready' and me 'still getting ready'.
I come back with "You just don't care how you dress in the morning cuz you're only going to work with a bunch of stinky guys." ...they have PE first thing in the morning and then station duties so I'm sure they get stinky...
Chuck comes right back with "Yeah? Well so do you." ... work with a bunch of stinky guys...
All I could do was laugh, "Yep. I guess you're right" ... but for the norm, they usually aren't too stinky...
March 19, 2009
Getting Ready In The Morning
Labels:
Chuck,
Fire Department,
Me,
Work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
That is funny! 35 Minutes us great - Takes me 45 - uninterrupted!
I would say 35 minutes is awesome! It takes me 45 to do it all, if I want to get ready really fast I cant do it in 20, but thats pushin it!
During the summer my hubby is stinky. When the police have to wear all of their gear and out in the heat all day........eeeeewwwww. His bullet proof vest is DISGUSTING.
ahh men, they like their girls to look pretty but whine about the length of time it takes to get that way. what we do for them! ☺
That is about the truth! I get dressed even though about half of the week I'm at work alone!
35 min is great! I'm about the same-and our guys are pretty stinky in the summer when they get all sweaty under their vests~pew yuck!
I think 35 mins. is impressive. I'm at home and if I shower, dry my hair all the way, put on makeup & get dressed it takes my longer than that...it could be the frequent breaks I take to "dry" my daughter's hair, too, help her with her lipstick, and chase the boys out of my wet shower.....
I wish it only took me 35 minutes.... but I have to straighten my hair and that's important, right??? And the stinky kids I see all day, they really don't care what I look like.... so maybe from now on I'll shower and go..... but then my office is right across the hall form the principal, so I'll just keep looking presentable..... dang it!
I would say 35 minutes is pretty darn good! It takes my primpin' husband longer than that!! Oh my goodness he takes FOREVER to get ready - longer than me! I have never known a man to take so long as my husband takes. lol
Post a Comment