
Gracie graduated preschool Sunday afternoon. I could hardly see her during the program. She was standing in the back row. As she walked around the stage to get in line for her diploma I snapped this picture. I snapped a few more than clicked the 'review' button on my camera to see how they turned out.
When I clicked on this picture I paused. My eyes began to water. I had one of those flash forward/ flash back moments.
I flashed to Gracie's high school graduation- seeing her up on stage, glancing back at me as she walked forward, toward her future. All grown up. I imagined that I would, at that time, flash back to this picture and wonder how she could have grown up so fast. My little beautiful Gracie, a young woman... snif snif...
Back to reality, I actually sniffed back a few tears and shut my camera off. I knew if I looked at that picture anymore I would start sobbing like a crazy woman.
And still- every time I look this picture, I have the same emotion as when I first looked at it. She's going to grow up in the blink of an eye
June 02, 2009
Gracie's Graduation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
She is just adorable! She looks so proud.
What a cutie! You just made me cry! I so remember preschool graduation and in two short years I will start the HS graduation season. My girls will graduate in 2011 & 2012 and then I get a few years with the Boy(2015). I think I am going to go eat a cookie now!
Rebekah, that is an awesome picture!! I love it!!! I think I would have cried, too. Our babies just don't stay small very long. My oldest is 14 - AHHHH!!! =)
i don't mean to add to your tears, but my first thought when i saw this photo was how it would probably be in some slide show at her senior year graduation. beautiful eyes this sweet girl has btw!
What a wonderful picture! It gives a glimpse of the beautiful woman she is going to be!
OK, I am actually crying reading your post. I just put my 16 year old on the plane to Rhode Island this morning to visit her dad for a few weeks.
In just two more years, our pull in her life, will be just a mere suggestion as she can begin to make her own decisions. She can say yes or no and we can't argue anymore with her.
It's been a huge blessing to have been tasked with the role of raising this precious child of God and we hope our Father is well pleased!
Hang on to each and every moment. They go by faster as times goes by.
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
What a fantastic picture - my beautiful little granddaughter - reading your blog brought tears to my eyes too, - a glimpse into the future. Hugs & kisses to her. Wish I had been there.
What a beatiful picture! And you are right...it will go by so fast.
She's so beautiful. Send me a copy. I'm proud of her!
Love you!
Rachel
Post a Comment