June 01, 2009

See Suzie Run

A few weeks ago, all of us were outside enjoying the warm Spring weather. I opened up Chuck's tail gate to sit and watch the boys play basket ball. Suzie, who has been such a Mommy's girl lately, wanted to sit up there with me.

Suzie got bored and started climbing around in the bed of the truck. Being the little stinker she is, she tossed Chuck's work boots over the side of the truck. "I threw yor boots on the grable (gravel)" Suzie's words sang out with orneriness.

Chuck looked up from the garage, "You better pick them up or I'll get your butt."

Suzie flung her hair back, turned her bottom toward Chuck and gave it a smack, "Oh no ewe wont! I can wrun pwretty fass!"

I busted out laughing- as Suzie often makes me do. Chuck hollered back from the garage, "You can't run that fast!"

Suzie stood in the bed of the truck, twisting her butt from side to side, mocking her Daddy. Chuck faked a step toward the truck. Suzie screamed and jumped closer to me.

"Don't come over here" I pulled away from her. "You got yourself into this mess"

Suzie realized that Chuck faked her out and she played it off, "I told ewe I wrun pwretty fass"

Busy cleaning out the garage, Chuck left Suzie's remarks alone- letting her think she outsmarted her Daddy.... but knowing him, she'll pay for it later with a good tickling...

5 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

Gotta love that child-like faith!

Thanks for sharing a smile on Monday morning!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Mari said...

Oh that Suzie! Where does she come up with this stuff?

Maggie said...

LOL, that's too funny!! I'm sure he will!!! =) That's what Daddy's are good for!!

Sharon Hayes said...

Oh Miss Suzie,she is something else. Wonder how many years she'll be able to get away w/that :o) hee hee hee

Growin' With It said...

she sounds like such a hoot! daddy better watch out!!