September 08, 2009

Pictures Of Summer

Now that Labor Day is gone, summer 2009 is too. I spent the morning looking through my picture folders and decided to post some of my favorite photos from the summer

I bought Suzie these flip flops when I was at my sister's this spring. They are so sweet and cute, and they look so precious on her feet. I took several pictures of our flip flops next to each other- wanting to capture the simplicity and the sweetness of mother/ daughter, relaxing bare foot, enjoying nature together.... trying to grab the philosophical depth of the moment.

Well, it was a good idea- just not executed very well. This was the best shot I could come up with. But the picture still represents the image in my head.

This is my favorite summer picture of Suzie. Not much to be said, I think the picture says it all.

Here is one of my favorite pictures of Gracie. She loves her uncle Rick. And he doesn't hesitate a moment to give in to her requests. We spent the weekend at Gatlinburg and uncle Rick was a jungle gym for the girls most of the day. He's such a good uncle

All four kids have really enjoyed Gracie's birthday present... the trampoline. They go out just about every evening to jump and do tricks together. Thats Caleb upside down- doing his flip.

And of all the pictures this summer, I didn't even get to take my favorite one. One of the youth leaders e-mailed me this picture of Josh. They were playing a game where they passed life savers with toothpicks.

Josh has had/ and still has several issues to deal with... his hearing loss, border line autism, social introvert... This is my all-time favorite summer 2009 picture because it shows Josh engaging- participating in life's activities... and having fun doing it. I spend a lot of time with Josh telling him to Step-out-of-the-box (the box of rules he encloses himself in) This pictures shows him doing just that. He has such a great smile. Yep. This is my favorite picture.

Hope you all had a great summer- and an even better Fall.

6 comments:

Mari said...

You've shared some great summer pictures! I love the picture of Josh too. It shares everything you said it did!

Beth Cotell said...

I totally get the flip-flop metaphor!

Great shots!

Heart2Heart said...

Rebekah,

What great pictures to capture the highlights and put an exclaimation mark on the end of what looks like was a great summer.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Sharon Hayes said...

Great pics Bek, YAY JOSH!! Ditto he has such a beautiful smile - he is becoming a very handsome young man. Love the flip-flops (would make a great book cover) & good action pic w/Caleb in the air. . . I love Suzie on her tip-toes - & Gracie on Uncle Ricks shoulders (I still remember my older cousins carrying me on their shoulders - special).

Rachel Hauck said...

Great pics!

Rachel

Julie said...

All are so good and I esp love the one of Josh smiling...he is really growing up. ;) Looking forward to seeing you all in a few weeks!