Ok, I finally have before and after pictures of my Tv room. I'm still not done, but at least you will get an idea of how it's shaping up.
I took this picture just before we moved in. With the flash on the camera, the room looks much brighter than it actually was. It was very dark and there was no separation between the shelves, walls and fireplace.
+Fireplace.jpg)
Here is the after picture. I painted the top of the walls a lighter shade of yellow, but up against the dark paneling, the yellow looked off white. On the bottom part of the wall, the first color I chose had a bluish hue next to the yellow. I did not like it. I made another trip to the paint store and picked out 3 other shades. The kids helped me decide on just the right color. I really like this shade of green.
As far as the decor, I'm still working on it. I want a mirror to fit above the mantel; something with a reddish/ gold color. Then I'd like to put some greenery on the top shelves, and a screen for the fireplace. So, you can see, it's still a work in progress, but I am getting there.
This is the view into the kitchen. Even with that big sliding door, there is not much natural light in this room.+looking+into+kitchen.jpg)
Removing the navy curtains and adding these decorative sheers really makes a difference. The light bounces off these curtains and really brightens the room
This is the same wall, but to the left of the kitchen. As you can see, this room is really cut up. The fire place on one wall. A sliding door on the other wall, and the other two walls have an opening right in the middle; one for the kitchen and one for the office.+office+opening+and+kitchen+opening.jpg)
Here in the near future, I would like to get a recliner and table/ lamp for this corner. Or maybe a chaise, if it would fit dimensionally. But for now, my rocking chair occupies this space
This is just another before picture. Our Tv is nestled on the bottom shelf. It seemed to be the perfect spot for a flat screen+looking+into+office.jpg)
And this is an after pic on the opposite side of the fireplace. Before I painted the paneling, this couch was just about invisible against the brown wall. I'm not sure I am going to leave that lamp there, so I am keeping my eye out for the perfect lighting fixture for this corner.
Oh, and the picture on the wall.... that is a John Deere puzzle Chuck and I put together a few winters ago when I was pregnant with Gracie. I glued it together and had it framed for him the following Christmas... or maybe it was the next Christmas. Anyway, every winter since then we have put a puzzle together. I would like to do another John Deere and get it framed to match.
And here is the hornet's nest... waiting in our garage for the 'all clear'. I googled yesterday and read about hornet's nest. After the first freeze, any hornets living in the nest will die. And without adult hornets, any larvae that hatch will die.
We've already had frost on the ground, but not a hard freeze. We'll wait for a few good-n-cold mornings, then hang up the nest. It truly is a marvelous piece of work. I am amazed at what God designed these creatures to create.





6 comments:
Okay, I may not actually be with you on hanging the hornet's nest in the house (it still freaks me out) but I love the paint colors. That green is really pretty.
hey, ya got a deer growin' out yer wall! bwhahaha. the colors are so warm & inviting. and the bees nest? NOW i see why it belongs in the house. WAY COOL!
Rebekah,
Now I can see your nest! Nothing like that here in our next of the woods. It would still creep me out knowing what it is however. Great tool for schools to use!
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
It's great to see these two posts! Your redecorating is looking great and that hornets nest is incredible!
Oh Bek, your room is BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE IT. And that Hornet's Nest is amazing. Can you spray it (or would you want to) w/some kind of clear lacquer to protect it?? What a great post. Can't wait to be in the TV room in person.
Love it! You're so good! Love the new sofa!!
R
Post a Comment