January 10, 2010

Suzie the Octopuss

My arms full carrying in this-and-that, I asked empty handed Suzie to grab her back pack out of the van. She huffed over-exaggerated, "You act like I have four arms"

I glanced down at her over my bundle of coats, blanket, purse, lunch box, "What? Are you kidding me? Get your back pack!" I nodded toward the open van door

Suzie turned and reached into the van grabbing her back pack, "You're treating me like I'm an octopus!"

I laughed loud, "An Octopus??"

Caleb heard me laughing and asked what was going on. I regaled him the story. Suzie heard me telling the story and stopped me to correct... apparently I didn't repeat her words exaclty as she said them...

He laughed along with me, "Where does she come up with this stuff?"

3 comments:

Mari said...

She's a hoot and a half!

Rachel Hauck said...

What was the correction? What did you say wrong?

Sharon Hayes said...

Oh my gosh Beka - she is a hoot!! I'm w/Caleb where did she get the idea of octopus anyway? She is something else. You should have asked her if she thought you were an octopus!! :o)