August 06, 2010

How Tall Is Your Age?

The girls and I were driving down the road in silence. Suzie broke the silence, "Mommy, how old are you?"

I have no idea what sparked that question, but whatever, " 39" I replied.

Suzie responded back in a loud, amazed whisper, "Wow, thats tall!"

I responded with my usual eye roll and head shake.

Next, Suzie asked, How tall is Daddy?"

I laughed, "You mean how 'Old' is Daddy?" I glanced in the rearview mirror to see Suzie just starring at me, waiting for an answer. "He is 32" I appeased Suzie

"Oh" Suzie simply said, "I thought he was only 22."... Pfff! What the heck!!. I know I am a bit of a craddle robber, but thats a bit much!...

I glanced over my shoulder and crossed my brow at Suize, "You're a dork!"

Suzie smiled and looked out her window.

****
Chuck planted a garden this year... as usual... and Gracie loves to go out and check on the corn to see how it is growing. One day, as the corn was getting taller, Gracie came in from the garden and announced, "Mommy, that corn is almost as old as you"

"As old as me?" I questioned, not sure what she was meaning at first.

Gracie stood on her tip toes and held her hand up, "Yeah, its almost as old as you"

I laughed, finally understanding, "You mean as 'tall' as me."

Gracie ducked past me and ran into the other room, "Yeah, thats what I said."

I laughed, "That may be what you meant, but that is not what you said." my words were in vain as there was no one in the room to hear me.

5 comments:

Rachel Hauck said...

What is going on in your house? Old is tall, tall is old!?

Am I you and you're me? P.S. you have a book to write.

Rachel

Maggie said...

That's awesome!! Crack me up!! =)

Mari said...

Too funny! I'm realLy getting tall - I'm 49!

Sissy said...

I have to say your kids stories are the funniest I have ever read on any blog. I'm sure your kids are funny, but you write them so well, too!

Heart2Heart said...

I guess I would rather be tall than old in comparing age to height. This is a super cute story.

Wanted to wish you a great weekend!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat