I picked the girls up from the sitters last night after my Math class. The boys were with their dad, and Chuck was working. It was just going to be us girls. I have a stack of Christmas movies I want to watch with the girls so I thought it would be a prefect night to watch one.... we watched White Christmas the other night...
"Hey, how bout we watch Meet Me In St Louis when we get home?" I glanced at the girls in my rear view mirror.
Gracie shouted from the back seat, "We watched that at school today"
Gracie's comment caught me by surprise. Meet Me In St Louis isn't a very popular movie and not one that I would guess the Teacher would play for a 1st grade class. But hey, it could be one of the Teachers favorite movies and she just wanted to share it with her class.
"Really, Gracie? That's cool"
I was curious if they watched the Judy Garland version or if it was remake they watched so I started to quiz her about the movie. Gracie smiled and answered "yes" to all my questions.
My final question, "Did you like it? You wanna watch it again when we get home?"
"Yeah, I liked it." Gracie turned her attention to Suzie, "You wanna watch it when we get home? Its a good movie."
I stretched my hand back to Gracie, "Gimme Five! That's a great movie isn't it? Tootie is a funny little girl, isn't she?"
Gracie gave me five, "Yeah, I like Tootie".... Tootie is one of the girls in the movie...
As I turned onto the highway, heading for home, I asked Gracie, "So did you watch it for recess since it's so cold outside?"
Gracie replied, "No. It was earlier in the morning. I saw it on Teacher's desk and asked if we could watch it. She said she was just about to put it in."
I was amused Gracie's Teacher had picked that movie to watch on the same day I had planned to watch it with the girls. I love those old movies and not too many people watch them anymore.
The girls and I got home, carried in all our stuff, put things away and finished homework. I grabbed Gracie's notebook to sign off on her homework. Before I slipped it back in her bag I decided to write a quick note to the teacher about our "movie coincidence"
The girls and I put on our jammies, made a snack, and snuggled in my bed to watch our movie. Just as first scene opened Gracie said, "I've never seen this before"
Puzzled, I twisted my head toward her direction and scrunched my brow, "You said you watched this at school today."
Shyly Gracie smiled, "I was jokin!"
My face dropped to a blank stare, "You little liar!" I laughed. "... and I just wrote a note to your teacher about watching the movie!"
Gracie tilted her head and asked, "Did you write it with a pencil? You could just erase it"
"No" I pretended to glare at her, "I wrote it with a pen., you little liar!"
Gracie grinned big, "I'm not a liar. I'm a trickster!"
"Ha! You are not. You lied!" I smirked
"Nu uh" Gracie argued back, "I tricked you"
We bantered back and forth over lying and tricking.
"Your Teacher is gonna think I'm crazy when she reads my note. I guess I'll have to write a note below it explaining that you are a big fat Trickster!" I grabbed Gracie's knee and squeezed, causing her to wiggle and squirm trying to get away.
I can't believe Gracie tricked me like that. She was so serious about it, too. It flabbergasted me trying to figure out what ever possessed her to say she watched the movie. I would have never suspected that she made it up.... lol... I am going to have to pay more attention to her... and be a little more suspicious
December 09, 2010
Trickster "G"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Funny! She's got a good poker face i guess. :)
Post a Comment