February 19, 2011

Her Perception Stumps My Train of thought

The girls and I were driving home one night and we got into a conversation about how different things will be when Josh and Caleb go away to college within the next few years and wont be living at home anymore.

Suzie started to get upset about missing Josh and Caleb if they didn't live with us. In an attempt to redirect the conversation I tried a different track, "But one day Josh and Caleb will get married and have kids. Then you two can BABYSIT!!" ..... focusing my words on babysit... "wont that be awesome?"

Thinking the idea of babysitting would cheer Suzie up, I was totally caught off guard with her response. With a tone of disbelief in her voice, Suzie stated her question, "Josh and Caleb will be GAY??!"

Puzzled by her response, "What??" I retraced my words, then burst out laughing, "NOOOO! They wont marry EACH other! Goof Ball"

Gracie and I laughed at Suzie who was still trying to figure out what I meant. I explained further, "They will each get married to a girl. Then, their wives will have babies. And then, you two can babysit!"

No comments: