February 24, 2011

Salt Flavored Kool-Aid

After getting the girls settled down and in bed, I collapsed in the recliner for a few minutes of chill time before I put myself in bed.

Caleb walked through the living room, heading to the kitchen to pour a glass of kool-aid. "Caleb, get your clothes put away before you do anything else." I commented from my reclined position.

"OK." Caleb answered while pouring his kool-aid. He put the pitcher back in the frig, set his cup on the table and went to his room.

While Caleb was putting away his clothes I heard Chuck fidgeting around in the kitchen. He walked into the living room chuckling, trying to hold in a bigger laugh.

"What did you do?" I questioned with a raised brow.

Chuck slid back in his recliner, propping his feet up, "Just wait til Caleb drinks his kool-aid"

"Whyyy?" I continued, eye brow still raised. Chuck's expression made the corners of my mouth go up.

Still trying not to laugh out loud, Chuck replied, "I stirred a bunch of salt in his cup."

At the thought of Caleb spewing his salt flavored kool-aid, Chuck and I both laughed, trying not to be too loud.

"Great!" I said sarcastically, with a roll of my eyes, "I'm gonna be the one who has to clean it up"

But Chuck didn't care, his cheeks turned red and the muscles around his mouth turned white as he tried to hold in his laughter. I started to giggle, I couldn't help it. It was going to be funny.

Chuck and I both tried to forget about the kool-aid, so not to spoil the surprise. Chuck logged onto his lap top and I turned on the TV.

Caleb walked through the kitchen, grabbed his kool-aid and settled down to watch tv. I held my hand up to my mouth, trying to hide my smile. I dare not look at Chuck or I would bust out laughing. Chuck didn't look at me either.

Caleb brought the cup up to his lips, but didn't take a sip. He asked me a question, then put the cup to his lips again. Without taking a sip, Caleb put his cup down and got something off the desk. The suspense was killing Chuck and I.

Caleb put the cup to his lips a third time and took a big swig. Chuck and I held our breath in anticipation.

I could see Caleb shudder with bitterness. He screwed up his face at the salty taste and sniffed his cup. He took one more tiny sip. Yep, it was nasty kool-aid. Chuck and I shook with laughter as Caleb walked past us to the kitchen to dump out his drink.

As Caleb stood in the kitchen, it dawned on him that we were up to something, "What did you do?"

I laughed, "I. Didn't Do. Anything!"

Chuck sat silent.

Caleb rinsed out his cup and poured a fresh glass of kool-aid, "Yes, one of you did something."

Chuck sat silent.

"Well, what did it taste like?" I asked "A little salty."

The light bulb went on, "Yes!" Caleb shouted.

Chuck and I both laughed. It wasn't as dramatic as we'd hoped. But it was pretty darn funny

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Sounds like something Rocky would do!! Good to see your still posting. Stop over to my new site and visit some time!