January 04, 2011

There Is Gravity, Ya Know

I was sitting in the basement when I heard a crashing sound coming down the stairs. I jumped up. My heart stopped. I thought one of the girls fell down the stairs... gasp! freak!...

To my relief it was just the toy stroller. But that didn't stop me from scolding Gracie for giving me a heart attack. She shrugged her shoulder and flashed her grin, "Sorry Mommy. I didn't mean to scare you."

"That's Ok" I winked at Grace, "I'm just glad that it wasn't you falling down the stairs."

A few minutes later Suzie was standing in front of me, "I need your help!"

"Uh, can you say 'Please'?" I asked.

"Pleeeazzze." Suzie sarcastically replied

I smiled, "What is it you need help with?"

Suzie wanted me to carry the stroller back up stairs but I was comfortable on the couch, "Gracie just threw it down the stairs. YOU take it back up!"

Suzie gave a little head snap, "Well i cant throw it UP the stairs. There is gravity ya know"

... What?? I just about choked on my breath trying to get my laugh out... Did my four year old just use the word "Gravity" in a sentence? She is such a quick wit, cracks me up

2 comments:

Sharon Hayes said...

Does she scare you sometimes with some of the things she comes up with? She has such a quick wit & so smart.

Sweet Gracie apologizing for scaring you. She is so smart too, she knew it might not be safe to walk down w/ the stroller . . . did the next best thing.

Hug them both for me.

Rachel Hauck said...

I love this story!! She cracks me up!

Rachel