July 18, 2012

A Pile of what?

Gracie stomps into the living room, all upset, "I just had my feeling crushed!" She plops herself down on the couch.

Chuck glances up from his computer, "How did you get your feelings crushed?"

I glance up from my computer and try not to snicker at Gracie's dramatics.

Gracie shouts with attitude, "Suzie crushed my feelings!'

Enter Suzie... "No I didn't"

Chuck tells Gracie to quietly explain how Suzie crushed her feeling

Rather loudly Gracie huffs, "She said that I treat her like a pile of s h..."

Chuck starts to repremand, "Suzanna!..."

Ever so innocently Suzie answers, "What?"

Chuck continues in a fatherly tone, "Did you say a cuss word?"

Suzanna stomps her foot, "No, I just spelled it, so thats not saying a cuss word!"

I quickly brought my hand up to my face to hide smile and stiffle my laugh.

Chuck paused for a second, I silently waited for him to bark at me for snickering, but he worked at holding his own snicker in, "You are not allowed to say or spell cuss words" Chuck explained to Suzie, then he turned his attention to both girls, "Now hug each other and say your sorry."

At the moment, that punishment seemed harsh to the girls, harsher then being grounded from TV; but they hugged it out and quickly left the rooms, friends again.... for the moment



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what can I say, . . . . Suzie is going to keep you guys hopping (& laughing). Love you all, Mom

Rachel Hauck said...

Where did she learn to tell Gracie she treats her like a pile of "sh--." LOL.

That girl...

Rachel