July 22, 2007

Prayers for Hannah's Family

I came across a very tragic incident today. Thursday a little girl drowned. Her mom is a blogger and has posted some of what she is going through. I am not sure of the details but it has hit my heart hard.

I read some of her posts about Hannah and her sister, Lily.... (Liliy has been wondering around the house looking for her sister) They remind me so much of Gracie and Suzie. I can't even imagine how much Rachel (the mother) is hurting. I don't know if its occupational hazard (911 dispatcher) or what every mother goes through, but I often catch myself wondering what I would do if 'this or that' happened to one of my children.

When Josh had his 4 wheeler accident in the creek, I have often thought about him being trapped under the water..... what if he had his helmet strapped on and couldn't get it unlatched?... what if his leg or arm had gotten pinned down?.... what if.....

I am not a 'worry' kinda person. I try to teach my kids to be sensible and pay attention to things around them. But accidents to happen and there is not much I can do about it.

I pray for God's peace to be with Hannah's family.

2 comments:

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Oh REbekah...that is awful. I pray every day that nothing ever happens to Brandon. I simply don't know how I could go on. Living hell. That is what it would be. Anyway, I'm like you, I often find myself thinking what if this or that happened....and I don't know why I think like that. I try not to...

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

I'm back. Earlier, after I left the above post, I went and checked out the link. OH. MY. GOSH. My heart is breaking for this family. I actually googled about it in VA and found articles about the child and family. It is very unfortunate. There is a lot of speculation and some people are saying unkind things about the parents and that they were negligent, etc. I just don't understand why people want to cast stones like that. God Forbid anything like that ever happen to them. Anyway, ever since your post about this, I can't get it off my mind. The little girl's funeral is Monday. (tomorrow). I can't quit thinking about it.
Brandon is home! Are you guys home?