June 21, 2008

Suzie-isms

Between the ages of two and three, kids have the funniest vocabulary. I know I posted a lot of Gracie vocab when she was this age. Now Suzie is at the beginning of her entertaining word structure. I thought I would post some, mostly for posterity purpose

But first- here are some words the other kids pronounced funny that we still say around the house:

Caleb- Hite dawg= hot dog, brekfix= breakfast

Josh- Comp Queter= computer, Camrun= camera

Gracie- PamPakes= Pancakes, Euksed= used, Yeggs= eggs

I can't capture Suzie voice inflexion, but I will do my best to hit her accent and creative pronunciations.

Mawm- Mom

LayGee bug= lady bug: Mawwwm, there a LayGee bug. Git it. Git it.

Gweem= green: Hey Suze, what color is this (a pink shoe). "Gweem!" What color is this (a blue shirt) "Gweem!" Everything is "gweem". She is getting better a naming different colors but it's still a work in process

Back Set Baw= basketball: Is Gosh pway Back Set Baw

BooNana= banana: Kin I haf ah Boo Nana?

Here Me Am= here I am: Suzie where are you? (knowing she is hiding under the bed) I see her little hand stick out from under the frame and wave at me, "Here me am, Mawm"

I need ta haff ta go potty= I need to go potty

Max and Woovy= Max and Ruby

Waller Cuddow= Water Puddle: Suzie was sitting in her car seat talking to me. For the life of me I couldn't figure out what she was saying, "You want to color? You want to cuddle?" Suzie was getting frustrated with me for not understanding. Finally Gracie piped up, "She SAID you just hit a WATER PUDDLE!" I lauged, "Ooooohh. Suzie, did we hit a water puddle?" Suzie smiled with a curled up lip and gave her infamous quick, "Yeah" happy that I finally understood

Bavin soup= bathing suit: "Mawwwm. Kin I put on bavin soup and 'wim?"

Here is a cute Suzie story: Yesterday afternoon, Brandon crashed his bike and got banged up a bit. Rick and Angel brought him over to the house to have Chuck check him out. Just a few minutes after they left, the girls and I walked up to the ball park to watch Caleb's game. On the way there we saw a dead bunny along side the road- it had been hit by a car.

Once we got to the ball park, one of the mothers picked up Suzie and asked her how she was. Suzie started babbling as quick as she could, "Brannon cwrash his bike, n he fell, n bwroke his neck, n he died.

Tammy gave me to strange look. I stepped over to where she was, shaking my head in a silent question of "what". She told me what Suzie said. I laughed a bit, telling Tammy that Brandon just wrecked but he was fine. Not sure where Suzie got the 'broken neck' and 'dead', I asked her to repeat what she told Tammy.

Instead of talking to me, Suzie turned her face back to Tammy and almost nose to nose with her, repeated her story. Tammy was so tickled at her words. When I heard Suzie say, "bwroke a neck on da wroad" I realized she was talking about the bunny we saw.

I explained to Tammy. Then she asked Suzie, "Was the bunny dead on the road?" Suzie answered with her curled up lip and her quick "Yeah"... I wish I could translate that into words better because its so darn cute...

I just love this age- She will be out of it before I know it. Then I'll have to wait for grand kids to have it again.... oh, bite my tongue

6 comments:

Sharon Hayes said...

I love to hear her talk and yes she'll be past that soon. TOO SOON!!
Squeeze her for me - squeeze the rest of them for me too.:o) xoxoxo

AlaneM said...

She sounds super cute! I love kid-talk too, my friends 3 yo has some pretty interesting words, I could listen to him all day!

Officer "Smith" said...

Snake had some good ones when he was that age.

Bomyun - Bottom
Barbarch - Garbage
Bobbish - Lobster
Doodoosh Bip Sabee - Sushi, dip, wasabi
Waaaaerrrr - Water
Doot Doot - Gertrude

Moose had some good ones too.

Dinnen - Didn't
Amm-nals - Animals
Grolic - Garlic (he still says that one)
Gorlious - Glorious
Fankyou - Thank you

And I'm sad to say there are more I have forgotten. It's a great time in their lives.

Julie said...

Aww, Suze. I think Asa picked up the PamPakes from your girls. He was asking for those this morning. :)

Rachel Hauck said...

I miss my Sooz! Yeah. I can hear her saying it.

Love, R

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

So cute! I love the way they talk, I feel sad every time my girly says one of her little phrases in the correct way now. I miss all the cute sayings.