Montgomery Gentry put this song out a few years ago- it was on the soundtrack for We Were Soldiers. Every time I saw the video I got all teary eyed and chills.
I searched for the original video to post but its hard to find a link that will let you embed the original. In my search I came across this video, that is just as good, if not better than the original. The music is very haunting- along with the harmony of Montgomery Gentry, It's just an awesome song. Makes me cry every time I hear it- especially when I watch the video.
I am not in favor of war. War is hard on everyone involved. But I do believe in our Country and those serving. War may not be the best thing in the world- but sometimes it is necessary to protect the freedoms we enjoy every day.
And as far as how much money we spend on the war- we spend just as much on entitlements for illegal immigrants that don't pay taxes... I'm all for people wanting a better life, so long as they do it in the proper way and come through our front doors- not sneak in the back... If someone in need knocked on my front door I would gladly help them out. But I don't want them sneaking through a window and stealing food and clothes from my kids.
In this up coming election, get all the facts. Listen to several interviews and speeches. Pay attention to what the candidates really stand for/ or not stand for. So much of the truth gets lost in the negative. The real issues stand in the shadows while petty arguing goes on.
I really feel that our freedom as a nation is at stake. There are those that want to take it away- a nibble at a time so we don't realize what is going on until its too late. Look at our history. Examine what our forefathers really fought for. They fought for our freedoms as individuals. They fought for the rights of the people, not entitlements for the people.
And I don't mean "freedoms" as in the right to choose ab0rtion. The woman's right to choose was the choice to have s3x. I realize there are exceptions- but killing a baby isn't the answer. I was faced with that choice as a pregnant teenager. I know how hard it is. I messed up but that didn't give me the right to kill. There are other options out there and I took them... adoption...
Neither candidate is perfect, but there is one who is on the side of the people- the ideals of our country's founders. The ideals of 'we the people' not 'they the government'. The ideals that we have a right to work hard for our family and create a life for ourselves- not give the government our money so they can spend it how they see fit.
I understand that there are those that need occasional help. I was once one of them and I appreciated it- but I didn't continue to expect a hand out. I made sacrifices and got back on my feet. I see people abuse the system every day. We don't need bigger government to create more programs for people to abuse . We need to put the responsibility and accountability back in the lap of each and every citizen... Slowly ween every one off the idea of expected assistance
Oops, sorry for going on so. I really didn't mean to make this such a political post... blame it on brain fog slowly starting to clear... Its just that the Media is turning this into a circus. It's not about electing the first black man or the first woman- those are just fluff issues. The serious issues remain buried under the entertainment of name calling and over analyzing hand gestures.
September 20, 2008
Dont Vote Our Freedoms Away
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
I'm convinced that the only way we'll make a dent in the terrorist threat is for ALL of the world to unite against it. As it stands, there are countries that may not actively participate in terrorism, but don't mind profiting from it. It's such a big mess.
The abortion "debate" still puzzles me. How could that be a debate? If you boil it down it's KILL INNOCENT BABIES vs. DON'T KILL INNOCENT BABIES. I don't care how you label it or associate it with woman's rights.
FANTASTIC POST BEKAH. I think you have coe out of the fog - can you put this on youtube or something? Send it to the Versailles newspaper or something!! Wish I could say things as well as you do.
Love you much!!
P.S. Bek, I listend/watched the video after I read your post - twice - I cried!! Very powerful, wish there was a way to make every citizen of USA watch it!!
I am so with you girl!
Great post Bekah. You are so right about paying attention to what they actually say and what the politicians actual plans are. Then think about those plans. Will they really work or are they just dreams without substance.
As to abortion, it's simple: It's never the babies fault. The baby shouldn't be the one punished.
Lastly,
Try RealPlayer. It will let you download videos to your computer and then you can post them that way -by uploading. If your setup will allow that. Again good post.
Will
Great post! All I can say...awesome amazing post...and I agree with every word you had to say.
I'm right there with ya honey! Well put.
I just saw MG in concert on Friday! Love them! I think this was a great post. Oh, and I'm trying to get out and bloggy visit more often now. :)
Post a Comment