January 07, 2009

Any One Have A Wrench I Can Use

I didn't come up with any New Years resolution this year... actually I never do, I don't believe in them... But I did set some goals for myself and the family.

First, lose 15 pounds... but that is always a goal. It never seems to get accomplished... I've had trouble losing that last 15 since Suzie. I just try to be healthy so I dont push myself to actually lose. But Suzie will be 3 so I cant use the "I just had a baby" excuse any longer.

Along with my Thyroid issue this year... which the Dr is still adjusting my meds... and the kids crazy schedule, I have had little time for exercise. I don't know if its my screwy thyroid or just being cooped up in the house but I feel like I have so much pent up energy.

I'm tired, but I can't sit still. I feel like I'm gonna burst if I don't do something, but I have no energy to do it... gotta be the thyroid issue... So I went out and bought a treadmill yesterday.

I was a little concerned that Chuck might be upset that I spent the money. Another goal we have this year is to pay off a few things, then save up some money to get a bigger house... cant save money if I spend it...

Chuck was at the firehouse so I sent him a text about the treadmill. Back and forth we text'd. When commented that I thought he'd be rolling his eyes at me, he sent back that he was actually thinking of getting one. So I guess that worked out just right.

Anxious to get my heart rate up and work out some of that energy, I attempted to put together the treadmill... after Chuck's dad and brother came over to carry it in the house. Its a heavy son-buck... I took every thing out of the box, set it to the side then took all the card board out to the trash... only to come back in the room and see the huge dirt smudges the filthy box left on the carpet. I guess I'll have to break out my new steam cleaner later...

Between flipping through the instruction manual. Taking time out to run the boys back and forth to practice. Feed the girls. Then give them a bath- it took all evening just to get the first two steps completed.

Moving on to step three, I needed a specific type of wrench. I ran out to the garage to look in Chuck's tool box. No luck.

One would think that being the wife of a general contractor I would have unlimited access to any type of tool needed... Not so much... Most of Chuck's tools are in his trailer, which is usually at what ever job site he is working. But on the rare occasion the trailer is at home, I don't have a key to unlock it... so I am still out of luck... I do have a set of screw drivers and a hammer that I keep in the kitchen...and Chuck is not allowed to take them out of the house...

So, needless to say, the treadmill is laying on the floor, still in parts. I could have moved on and put other parts together, but I figured I might miss something, then have to go back and take apart what I put together.

Chuck if off today, so I'm sure we (he) will get it in working order

9 comments:

Danyele Easterhaus said...

now isn't that just the cat's meow? and just when you get the steam going to get it done. poor thing! well, think of it this way, by the time the treadmill is up and running, you've spent as many calories just looking for the wrench and running the steps!

Will H. Donaldson Family said...

THAT is one of the reasons I've started a full fledge tool box for the house. It is for the general small repairs and small projects of the house. It should include everything needed to put together that treadmill, fix a door handle etc. AND you are so right: The tools do NOT leave the house! You actually should have chuck get it together for you; after all it would have saved him from having to put treadmill together...

Mari said...

I think you will love the treadmill - once you get it running!

Nicole said...

good luck! I need to start doing some exercise myself. I just dont have the motivation!

Sharon Hayes said...

Will has a good point about tools for the house, lose his line of thinking. . . - maybe Chuck can get you a "house" tool box for your birthday!! NOT!! :o)

Will H. Donaldson Family said...

Dea says: At least your heart rate was "up" while you were dealing with the matter?

Unknown said...

That was a workout just reading your post...whew I'm worn out!

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Good luck with the treadmill, hope it is all up and you are running:)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with that!