Chuck, Gracie, Suzie and I were driving to the store. The girls were being quite loud in the back seat of the truck. Chuck had the radio turned up trying to drown out their bickering.
Finally, I couldn't take it anymore- Gracie was screeching at Suzie like a crazy cat. I flipped down the radio, "What. Are. You. Two. Yelling. About?"
Gracie screeched out her reply, "Suzie keeps calling me EliZAbeth!! And I Dont Want Her To!"... Gracie's real name is Elizabeth but we have called her Gracie since she was a baby. About the time she started pre-school Gracie started fussing any time we called her Elizabeth...
I rolled my eyes and sighed, "Suzie. Stop calling her Elizabeth."
Suzie conceded, or so I thought. "Ok. I wont call her that anymore...... elizabeth grace.
To which Gracie responded with, "Stop Calling Me That!"
Suzie conceded again, "Ok. Ok. I'll stop." but softly added to the end of her sentence, "elizabeth grace."
The girls went back and forth a couple more times. Suzie was being such a booger, I tried to hold in my snicker. Suddenly I got an idea to silence Suzie and her aggravation.
Looking over my shoulder I eyed Suzie, "Rae, I told you to stop calling her that."... Rae is Suzie's middle name...
Which Suzie quickly huffed, "Don't call me Rae. My name is SuZEE."
I tilted my head down and raised an authoritative brow, "Then stop calling her Elizabeth!"
"Fine" Suzie sat back in her seat and looked out her window.
Thirty seconds later the girls were best friends singing Taylor Swift....
May 18, 2010
What's In A Name...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Brings back a few car rides with fighting kids! They seem to know how to push each others buttons. You had the perfect response!
Ha! Good one! Hopefully Gracie will remember that little trick!
Rebekah,
Oh how I fondly remember those moments along with the "stop touching me" one as well. Thanks for sharing a smile with me tonight.
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
That is too funny!!
Rachel
You had the perfect response!
Adsense Alternative
Post a Comment