Wow- I totally missed my 400th post.... and my 300 and 200... But I thought I would get a two-fer when my Two Year blog-iversary came up.
I can't believe it's been two years and 400-something posts later. I started this blog after much hassling convincing from my Sweet Sister. Blogging has been such a wonderful experience. I have met some wonderful people, made some short-term and long-term friendships and have enjoyed finding my writing ability again.
It's interesting how I have come across some of the blogs I read. How one click on a link can lead to so many others clicks. Then you find something of interest. Even though you can't remember how you got there, you've made a friend for life.
When I occasionally re-read some of my post-, I laugh- I cry... Forgotten stories that I am so thankful I now have saved for a life time.
I browsed through some of my older posts. Those first few posts when I was trying to find my voice and writing style. Some forgotten posts. A post from my odd sense of humor. And a cute Kid post.
There. Four post from my first few months blogging- in celebrations of how far I've come.
And what a co-wink-ke-dink. I wrote this post a few weeks in advance. Check out the time stamp- 9:23. How cool is that?
****
Other things going on today besides my blogiversary. Chuck has his public employment physical and psychological exam for the fire department. He took a 700 question test last week, now the Dr will ask him a bunch of questions as to why he answered each question the way he did.... doesn't sound like fun at all...
I go see the Endocrinologist to get a second opinion on possible treatment options for me. Now that I have had a few weeks to digest the idea that a tiny speck of cancer was in my body, I have a TON of questions to ask.
And after a 15 day work stretch, I am finally off for two days. So excuse me if I am not around for a day or two as I will be giving my house a much needed bath.
Oh, Chuck did help me out over the weekend and mopped the floors. It was funny because later that evening Caleb came in with his shoes still on (after mowing grass). I heard Chuck's booming voice from outside "Shoes OFF! I just MOPPED the floor!" I laughed and cracked open the front door so Chuck could hear me "Welcome to MY world!"
In honor of my Blogiversary, de-lurk and leave me a comment.
Thanks
September 23, 2008
Happy Blog-iversary 2 Me
Labels:
Chuck,
Fire Department,
Me,
Thyroid
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
Happy Bloggiversary! I'm so happy I met you here and got to know you and your family!
Happy Bloggiversary!!! That last paragraph made me laugh. Isn't it funny when someone else cleans the floor they expect it to stay that way?
Way to go, Blogging for 2 years that is great! I have been reading your blog for a little over a month now. I have enjoyed following the journeys of you and your family. I myself have no children so I find it interesting to see things from the vantage point of those that have children.
I am new to to this bloggy world so I am not even sure this is needed but I only feel that it is polite. May I add you and a link to your blog to my blog roll?
HAPPY BLOGGIVERSARY!! I'm so glad you started doing this, it has been a bright spot looking forward to reading them and what a wonderful way to journal your life and your family's. Rachel, thanks for "coercing" her into doing this.
Love Mom
Happy Blogiversary too! I had hoped I could keep mine more current than I have but oh well. I enjoy reading yours and seeing what the kids are up to also. Asa talks about his cousins all the time. :)
Julie :)
Happy Blogoversary!!!! You should celebrate - not clean house!
Happy blogiversery! I like the "de-lurk" comment! We call them "Blog-stalkers" :)
Will
Post a Comment